Quick Post

Skin Tags? Worts?

Skin Tags? Worts?
  • What is a skin tag? Does anyone have a photo? I am just trying to figure out what a little bump is on Indy's leg. Thanks!

• A skin tag looks like a little flat collapsed flap of skin.  It looks like there used to be a 'bump' but there's nothing in it at all -- it's literally FLAT.  Usually only maybe 1/8" long.  Sometimes looks ltiny enough to pull off but then it will bleed. 

Not usually a 'bump' at all -- and if you can't pick the bump "up" and feel under it (anyting 'rooted' is a bad sign anyway) but err on the side of caution and have the vet look at it.  They can aspirate something questionable and usually tell pretty fast if it's bad or benign. 

• I don't think it is a skin tag then. It's slightly raised, like a lumpy scar that I get when I have a mole removed. It is colorless- it's the same color as her skin and has fur growing on and around it. It doesn't seem to bother her if I touch it. She has had it since she was a puppy (she's 5 now) and I just got looking at it and thought I would have the vet check it when I took her back in for her glands next. I will post a photo if I get one.

• No that's not a skin tag

• What might it be then?