Posted : 1/25/2012 5:48:04 PM
So far, Sugar has no changes; but she HAD no changes when the blood work came through, so I think we are doing well!
One thing I need to work on is delivery. I started Sunday night, giving Sugar the extra stuff in some canned dog food. I normally feed my dogs at noon, so she has in effect been getting THREE meals instead of one. Guess who has put on a bit of weight? LOL So I need to work on that.
I did quickly look up L-carnitine online; seems it is for heart issues in dogs? And L-arginine also sounds like it relates to the heart, too. Sugar's heart is fine. One of them (can't remember now which) had side effects with asthma and I don't know if it would impact her breathing issues with the polyp.
Tomorrow (Thursday) I am phoning in to Dr. Carol, who has a radio show, Ask the Vet. I have sent her Sugar's info, what the vet prescribed, what we have added, and also the 2 page lab report. I also included questions on L-arginine and L-carnitine. This is from her web site: Dr. Carol combines high quality Western Veterinary Medicine (as in
surgery, antibiotics, advanced medical therapeutics, etc) with Eastern
and Alternative Veterinary Medicine (such as Acupuncture, Traditional
Chinese Medicine, Bach Flowers, Nutritional Supplements and Diet, etc)
offering the best of both worlds to optimize pet health, wellness and
longevity for dogs and cats.
Tomorrow is the taping; I will learn on Friday when the broadcast will air, and I can let everyone know. It is an internet radio station, so I will get the link (don't have it just now, someone sent me the contact info).
I also raised Sugar's issue at Willy's Agility class on Tuesday evening; 3 of the folks also use a homeopathic vet (who knew?!), seems we only have one in our small state. The 3rd has learned lots of stuff on her own over the years. All three were quite impressed, Callie, with this and with Lacey's stuff, they all applaud that you got me to do this!
Unfortunately, the darn polyp is growing? and making Sugar's breathing worse, so I need to keep on this, because I have to get her in for the lavage soon. I have to figure out how long to wait before redoing the blood work, and based on that second lab report, figure out what she is having while under anesthesia (ultrasound is what the vet suggests). I've also included all of this in the info I submitted to the online doctor.