Liver Loaf (recipe from Honest Kitchen)

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Liver Loaf (recipe from Honest Kitchen)

Liver Loaf

This delicious recipe is nutritious and delicious, and can be sliced up into any size to make training treats suitable for your individual pet. The added bonus is that this treat is completely wheat-free.

Ingredients
    1 lb Fresh Raw Organic Beef Liver 
    3 Free Range Eggs
    ¼ Cup Canola or other vegetable oil
    1 Clove Fresh Garlic, crushed
    2 Cups Instant Oats
    1 Tbsp Applesauce 
    2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)
    3 Tbsp Powdered Kelp (optional)
    Filtered Water sufficient to make a batter

What To Do
    Process the liver in a blender or food processor, until completely pureed. This is not for the faint of heart but only takes a few seconds!

Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour in the oil. Add the liver. Mix in the dry ingredients slowly, stirring continuously so they are thoroughly combined. Add water gradually, until you have a ‘batter’ consistency. Pour this batter into a loaf tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool in the tin until able to be handled, then gently turn the loaf out onto a rack and refrigerate to cool completely. Slice with a sharp knife and then dice into bite sized pieces appropriate for your pet.

They have a list of recipes here

• Gold Top Dog

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Oh that sounds great! I bet the pups are going to LOVE this!

Thanks for posting the recipe.

LC

• Gold Top Dog
    Interesting recipe! One question though, should the loaf tin be greased first?
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

audkal
    Interesting recipe! One question though, should the loaf tin be greased first?

I posted the recipe exactly as it appeared in the email so not sure but i wouldn't think it would hurt to do so.