Tattoo folks, how much would this cost?

• Gold Top Dog

Tattoo folks, how much would this cost?

Obviously this comes when I have expendable income, but I am really wondering.

I have been considering getting lots of tattoos for different meanings to me, and I have finally settled on a desigh that incorporates all I want.

I would like it to begin on my ribs, right below my left arm. It would look much like a waterfall, gently curving forward in a swirl and fading around around my left hip. Typical waterfall, but the water will be in the color of a rainbow. More pigment at the top of the falls, slowly fading out at the end of the falls. At the widest point of the curve in the falls, I want this written in a nice cursive script. , and the pigment will become DARKER while the falls become lighter. It will reach the same area on my hip. " where I am there you may be also."  This is a selection of a bible verse on the afterlife. This tattoo has lots of meaning to me. The rainbow signifies, to me, my oneness with my loved ones. We're all different, but we form one beautiful family. The curve represents the ups and down in life, and it fading represents the twilight of our earthly lives. Pooling together represents being reunited. The rainbow also has significance for the rainbow bridge. Also, the rainbow means, to me, life is beautiful the entire way through, with its ups and downs and inevitable end.

So I want full color, Big, bold, loud and lovely. Not inexpensive. Guesses?

• Gold Top Dog
    My tattoo is the size of a cassette, color, and cost $150. Sorry I can't help you guesstimate, since it's my only one.
    • Gold Top Dog

I have no clue, and I think this could vary by the area you live in. I live in a pretty high income area. My tattoo is about 6x6. I want to say I paid $300 for it. I'd guess the fact that you want custom work done and not flash also makes a difference. It may also be more if they have to come up with the design for you. I brought in a picture of what I wanted, and told the guy what changes I wanted him to make. It's a Griffin, which I asked him to flip in the other direction I think because I wanted it on the other shoulder than it was on the person in the picture, and I asked him to make the tail look like it was on fire. You'd be best to go into the place you want it done at probably, and ask for an estimate.

• Gold Top Dog

Depends on the artist and place. It sounds like what you want is going to take more then a few sittings to complete. My friend had her side done and she had to go back 4 times and says it's still not completely finished. It's large colorful flowers going up her side surrounded by bubbles. It looks awesome and I think she said she paid around $150 for each sitting but was also good friends with the artist. 

• Gold Top Dog

Since we are on the subjects of Tattoos...

• Gold Top Dog

$100

• Gold Top Dog

Beejou

So I want full color, Big, bold, loud and lovely. Not inexpensive. Guesses?

A lot.

Of course it depends on the artist and where you get it. If you go to a less reputable place, it'll be cheaper (by all means), and I wouldn't recommend that.

I have 2 tattoo's: 1 is the size of a quarter and it's a hot pink butterfly on my ankle and it was $80, the other is about the size of my blackberry and it another butterfly (that I drew first, then the artist re-did with more detail/more professional looking) that is hot pink, red, yellow, orange, blue, and purple (very vibrant color) and it was $350. I got them both done by the same artist in the same shop- they're reputable, friendly, CLEAN, and NEVER EVER pressure customers. They are one of the more expensive places, but I trust them. I've also had several piercings done at the same shop- different artist than my tattoo's-  and the same person has done every piercing and I have never once gotten an infection, all piercings healed beautifully (as did my tats).

• Gold Top Dog

BlackLabbie
    I have 2 tattoo's

I have 5 tattoos: #1 is a stupid "I'm 18 and can get a tattoo" ankle bracelet. Its a strand of flowers. #2 is a huge fantailed goldfish in the middle of my back.VHS sized. #3 is my name written in kangi on the back of my neck. #4 is a lotus flower on my foot, which my BFF, Amanda also got. #5 is a cherry blossom branch on my right shoulder blade.

• Gold Top Dog

Those of you with the foot tattoos, I'm considering one. I've heard it's horribly painful. Please advise. I'm probably doing it anyway, but I'd like to hear from real people. I am horribly needlephobic, but I actually slept through the one on my shoulder. Of course, I told them this before I went, and they set me up with someone who worked very quick. I'm probably doing it anyway, but I'd like to hear from real people.

• Gold Top Dog

tiffy

#2 is a huge fantailed goldfish in the middle of my back.VHS sized.

I love fish tattoos. 1 of my friends got a sleeve of Koi (all different *VIBRANT* colors, expressions, etc), it looks AMAZING!

• Gold Top Dog

griffinej5
    Those of you with the foot tattoos, I'm considering one. I've heard it's horribly painful.

My foot tattoo wasn't any more painful than my other tattoos.  But, I don't find getting a tattoo all that painful to begin with.

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog

iluvjamison
    But, I don't find getting a tattoo all that painful to begin with.

Me neither.  I was quite surprised with my first one; I thought it would be a LOT more painful.

The ones on my back were the most painful, because they're right on my spine, so very close to lots of nerves.  At one point while getting the one between my shoulder blades, I felt the sensation of the needle shoot in a straight line across to my right shoulder.  It was a really weird feeling.

I think, if you're getting a rather large tattoo (and keep in mind I got all mine in 1999, so things could have changed since then) that you actually get charged by the hour.  Sometimes you have to start the work one day, then wait a few days for that to heal up and come back for more work.

• Gold Top Dog

aerial1313

I think, if you're getting a rather large tattoo (and keep in mind I got all mine in 1999, so things could have changed since then) that you actually get charged by the hour.  Sometimes you have to start the work one day, then wait a few days for that to heal up and come back for more work.

That's the way it works by me also.

Deb W.

ETA:  Don't forget a tip for the artist when figuring your total cost.

• Gold Top Dog

iluvjamison

griffinej5
    Those of you with the foot tattoos, I'm considering one. I've heard it's horribly painful.

My foot tattoo wasn't any more painful than my other tattoos.  But, I don't find getting a tattoo all that painful to begin with.

I was told that with feet tattoos to cover them with breathable socks and loose fitting shoes or sandals for about two weeks after to prevent infection, since feet can pick up nasty stuff from the ground. Just something to consider if you have to wear certain types of shoes for work or whatever.

• Gold Top Dog

My foot didn't hurt.  It was more of an annoyance than anything.

The one on my ribcage hurt like hell.