Pomeranian Coat Color =/

• Puppy

Pomeranian Coat Color =/

Trying to figure out what my Poms coat color is. I've been told wolf sable, I've been told red sable, I've been told orange sable, but I have no clue. I know his baby coat will shed and he will get his adult coat in and it may be different from what his coat is now so its kinda hard to tell as he's only 2 1/2 months old, but you people with experience must have SOME idea! Thanks for your suggestions! If you have pictures so I can compare that'd be amazing, thanks a lot in advance!!

Sabian at 2 months

• Gold Top Dog

It's hard to say from that picture.  Do you have another you could post maybe from the side and above?  I don't know that I could actually tell you the color, but maybe someone else will be along.  I know there is at least one other pom owner here.

• Puppy

Yeah, here is sort of a side/above view. He looks like he's got tints of orange under all that fur, lol. Also, I noticed his ears are a little on the floppy side...will they perk up eventually or is this a sign he is possibly not purebred?

• Gold Top Dog

He or she is still a baby. I'm sure the ears will perk up. When corgis are babies they have the same looking coat, so I'd venture to say the coat will become more red.

• Gold Top Dog

Incorrect ear carriage doesn't mean a dog isn't purebred, it just means the dog has incorrect ear carriage. That said, his ears aren't nearly "set"Big Smile He's just a baby!

His coat is very pretty! Keep up the combing!!! He's a sable, for sure, but it's hard to say what variety of sable, until he gets his adult coat. The color changes when they get their adult coats in.

• Puppy

Thanks!! I did a little research myself. I heard they droop during teething as well. But either way, still super cute XP

Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess it'll have to be a surprise here in about 5 months!

• Gold Top Dog
    Right now to me it looks like his coat is an orange sable. Kinda hard to tell with the pictures, but to me thats what it looks like. His coat could also stay this way, lighten or darken as he goes through his coat change. I don't see wolf sable at all though. Wolf sable is different shades of grey with black tips, it doesn't have orange or red tones in it. Anyway, hope that helps :)