Rescue & Help

Rescue & Help
Miss Molly...Parvo Survivor :)
My puppy Molly was adopted at a local Humane Society at the end of Feb. 2014 at the young age of 8 weeks old. A few days after bringing her home, she got sick. The vet was closed so we had to wait to get her in to see the doctor. When she stopped eating her food, I cooked her some white rice to eat....
  • 1 REPLY
Xander
Xander was dropped off at Peaceable Kingdom shelter. PK had no available puppy fosters and reached out via Facebook for help. Serena and I had just adopted out our previous foster and we had room. We are fosters for Sunrays Pitbull Rescue. Sunrays took over responsibility for Little Man Xander and we...
  • 1 REPLY
Remie - What a cutie!
Transitioning from high school to college was hard for me for a handful of reasons. My sophomore year I transferred back towards home to a community college in Louisville, KY. With only going to school two days a week I had a lot of spare time on my hands so I started volunteering at the Heart Humane...
  • 0 REPLY
Adopt Ned - Cane Corso
Meet Ned, a 1yr old formentino (blue fawn) Cane Corso. Ned is a bundle of energy and all puppy! This active boy is super social and loves other dogs. Ned was owned and loved by a young lady who had to give him up due to financial reasons. Ned was very attached to her, but he has adjusted well in his...
  • 0 REPLY
Save a Dog, Save a Veteran and Save a Dog, Save a Child
Bulldog and Friends Rescue Center is a non-profit organization that has just launched 2 new programs. These programs will be providing Medical Alert Dogs and mobility dogs to veterans and children under the age of 15 a service dog free of charge. As of last year 22 veterans took their life per day. Here...
  • 1 REPLY
Save a York Rescue
Rescue Hollywood. He needs your help to find a forever family! "Hollywood is an absolute love bug and would do wonderful with a settled couple in a quieter home. He is a tiny boy just barely 5lbs and light as a feather. He came into the rescue with his “brother”, Malibu, of 4 years....
  • 0 REPLY
Help us help them!
This is an amazing program: http://www.dogsondeployment.org/ Dogs on Deployment promotes responsible, life-long pet ownership by military pet owners by advocating for military pet owner rights, providing educational resources and granting financial assistance for military pet owners during times...
  • 0 REPLY
Training to Lead
We need your help. The time has come. The dogs are ready. The only thing missing is a forever home. Please allow us to introduce ourselves. We are “Training To Lead”. A project based learning opportunity at Stafford High School. The program teams non-traditional students with dogs from the...
  • 3 REPLIES
Dog Transport Help
When you think of rescue, you often think of adoption and volunteering at shelter, even fostering. But if you can't foster or adopt but want to help maybe helping with transports could be something you can do. There are networks all over the country that need help with dog transports. You can check...
  • 0 REPLY
Help our soldiers help their dogs!
A really good friend of mine told me about this wonderful program to help our soldiers keep their dogs and not have to give them up when they are deployed. http://dogsondeployment.org/ watch?v=mDjlGdmHiFM
  • 0 REPLY
Morgan Rescued - One year ago today!
I adopted Morgan, her first name was "Cage 68" she found running around Manhattan and ended up in the shelter and was on death row, she was very skinny and also very shy. The poor girl had a little limp and everyone kept passing her up. Finally a PA rescue saw her and stepped in to get her...
  • 3 REPLIES
Harnessed to Hope Northern Breed Rescue - Bethlehem, PA
Mailing Address: Harnessed to Hope Northern Breed Rescue P.O. Box 3079 Bethlehem, PA 18017 Phone and Fax: 866-657-3728 http://www.nbrescue.com/index.html
  • 0 REPLY
Gracie a dog out of time!
Hello everyone, all of us at Dog.com are very involved with rescues. We are reaching out to you to post your rescue stories and help us build a directory or those looking to rescue a dog. Under our Rescue & Help tab you'll find "Rescue Directory" please help us make that something everyone...
  • 0 REPLY
Had to share - My life is all about rescue!
I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident...
  • 1 REPLY
Levi - My first foster Pittie
This is Levi, he's about 4 years old now and a wonderful dog. Levi was found stabbed several times on the streets of Ohio, bleeding to death. Thankfully a woman called and he was picked up and taken to the animal hospital, the problem was Pit Bulls at the time were banned in Ohio so, if he had no...
  • 3 REPLIES
Desperately need help
I am desperately seekly help and advice. My 4 year old shepherd attacked my 18 year old son tonight. He bit his hand several times. Breaking the skin. His aggression comes and goes and is very unpredictable. He is my sons dog and my son will be leaving soon for boot camp. I cannot take care of the dog...
  • 9 REPLIES
Pooches Needs a Helping Hand
Good afternoon all. I hope all you're holidays were filled with woofs and howls. The reason I am reaching out is because Pooches Cooperative is a wonderful non-profit who needs your help. A tragic fire sent the dogs living in the house back to boarding, and all they want these wintery days is to...
  • 0 REPLY
Please Help Save Luna the Catahoula!
Luna the catahoula (an SPCA rescue) is fighting hard to recover after almost dying. She battled for her life for an entire week but finally there is hope! I encourage you to read her story because while her vet bills are exceeding beyond my means ($6200+), Luna’s brave tale might also save another...
  • 0 REPLY
Statistics on pet euthanasia
Does anyone have an accurate number regarding the number of dogs (and cats) that are euthanized every year in the US. All the numbers I have seen are different - with the Humane Society saying now 2.7 million annually in this link (about 1 animal every 11 seconds) down from 3-4 million a few years...
  • 2 REPLIES