Obama's new dog

• Gold Top Dog

Obama's new dog

First Dog

Just wanted to share Smile

Sorry if someone has already posted about this... I didn't see anything up already!

• Gold Top Dog

I wish them nothing but happiness with their new addition! Their girls deserve it!

• Gold Top Dog

They made a great choice!!  I can't wait to see pictures and hear how he is doing!  

• Gold Top Dog

BlackLabbie

I wish them nothing but happiness with their new addition! Their girls deserve it!

Ditto and congrats to the Obama's!

• Gold Top Dog

Porty's are wonderful and I'm sure they will be happy.  Nice of Senator Kennedy to gift them the dog.  And, maybe they listened to all of us who emailed them not to get a Doodle.

• Gold Top Dog

A bit disappointed that they didn't get a shelter pup, but given the health restrictions I totally understand.  A a HUGE yay that they didn't get a doodle!

• Gold Top Dog

They were talking about this on the View today.  Bit behind the times they are I think.  One of them kept saying they should have just gotten a dog like the one she had, a Shihzacockapoo or something of the like cause it was exactly the same dog....Had to laugh at that one.  Granted they look similar as this one is still a puppy, but I'd say they will turn out very very different.  LOL.

They also talked about how gifting the dog was creepy.  Comparing it to strangers giving their kids chicks or bunnies at easter.  Ummm....so not the case here.  This pup was planned.

And they also talked about how the kids would lose interest and someone mentioned that if Michelle Obama taught her kids to make their own beds, surely she'd teach them to walk the dog...

Just thought is was funny that these thoughts were addressed by us so very long ago and the rest of the world thinks its a new idea.

• Gold Top Dog

I hope they have a trainer lined up because a PWD requires more than a walk to keep out of trouble.  That is one cute puppy they have and I hope it works out for all of them.

• Gold Top Dog

I think they will do just fine with the dog.  They have plenty of help and on the other hand the Obama's don't strike me as a couple who will shirk the responsibility of a dog or let their girls do it either. 

• Gold Top Dog
    I believe the breeder is up here in Erie. It was on the news tonight. One of the dogs in the clip looks familiar to a dog that does agility at the center. I think we have 4 pwds that do it
    • Gold Top Dog
    Nope, Martha Stern's down here in TX. Her website is Amigo PWDs
    • Bronze
    • Gold Top Dog

I love the last line: "he's already been neutered" :D

• Gold Top Dog

I wonder what "Dog People" are mad about him not adopting from a shelter? 

• Gold Top Dog

huskymom
     I wonder what "Dog People" are mad about him not adopting from a shelter? 

Ditto.  He doesn't appear to have gone about this in an irresponsible manner, and even the article posted above doesn't seem to hint that HE was in on any kind of conspiracy theory.  So he got a family pet, well-suited to their needs, that will live in an environment capable of seeing to its care.  It will probably never be alone, it will never lack for food, love, attention, toys, walks or vet care.  He made good on a promise to his daughters, which IMHO matters more than anything he may have said to the nation regarding how he would procure a dog. 

I wish them all the best of luck with their new furry addition.