Fish Oil supplements... you use them?

• Gold Top Dog

Fish Oil supplements... you use them?

If so, which ones?  The doctor gave Sammy a supplement about 2 months ago when we told him that Sammy scratched a lot.  He's not allergic to any of his food/treats, so we were thinking he had some dry skin issues.  The supplement worked.  I forget the name of it, but we put 1 dropperful into his food daily.  His coat is pretty, but we noticed that it became brilliant and he scratched less and less.  We ran out!  I want another oil supplement for him.  Which one do you use?  Thanks! [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    grizzly salmon oil.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I will definitely have to try this. I just posted about our itchy guy a few days back. He's got a gorgeous shiny coat, but I haven't ruled out allergies or dry skin yet. Hopefully, it will help!
    • Gold Top Dog
    • Gold Top Dog
    We use a Salmon Oil Supplement, but I can't remember the name!
    I will post again when I get home.  So far I have only seen good results with it!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I just remembered, it is Grizzly Salmon Oil.  The dogs LOVE it!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Would I be able to get this Grizzly Salmon Oil at walmart or would I need to go somewhere special to get it? I've heard good things about fish oil suppliments and would love to try it out on my itchy foster dogs
    • Gold Top Dog
    we get grizzly at the same place we get our pet food. i think petsmart sells it as well.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Cool, thanks!!!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Sofia had sensitive skin, so I started feeding her Fromm Salmon a la Veg. It's main ingredient is wild Alaska Salmon. It's fixed her right up and everyone comments on her nice, soft coat. I figure she gets enough salmon oil what with the food and getting actual salmon now and again.
    • Bronze
    I get my fish oil from Walmart.  The brand is Spring Valley.  The most you need to give your dog is 1000 mg of fish oil.  Also it needs to read EPA 180 and DHA 120.  You only need to give your dog 1 capsule per 20 lbs once a day.  For example I give my doberman who is 72 lbs, 4 capsules a day.  I pop a hole in each capsule and then squeeze out the oil.  I have heard that if you give dogs the capsule itself it just goes right through them and they don't benefit from the oil.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: 2 big dogs
     I have heard that if you give dogs the capsule itself it just goes right through them and they don't benefit from the oil.

Well gee, that could explain why these fish capsuls I've been giving one of my dogs doesn't seem to have any affect,,,maybe I should try just the juice inside and see if that works better. Ya know, this is one of the duh moments for me, why the heck didn't I think to just pop the stupid capsul and give him the actual juice, shesh, I think I'll blame it on my cold[;)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    I just use the human kind from the store.
    • Gold Top Dog
    If you supplement with fish oil, you are supposed to also give Vit. E.
    • Gold Top Dog
    We use Vit E,fish body oil and cod liver oil,they have nice shiny coats,it helps the old dogs joints and the vit A really seems to have improved my old boys eyes!