Keeps POOPING on the Cement

• Gold Top Dog

Keeps POOPING on the Cement

Hi, I just cemented part of my backyard and now the dog likes to poop on the cement.  My backyard used to be all Dirt.  Now i put some grass and Half of the backyard cemented but he now prefers to poop on the cement.  He still has plenty of Dirt to poop on... What do i need to do so he don't Poop on the cement?

Thanks!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Does he put his front paws on the dirt/grass when he poops?  I've had dogs that thought they were on the grass because their front paws were on, but their little butts were hanging over the cement. [:D]

Joyce
    • Gold Top Dog
    heheh... no.  He poops right on the center..
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'd lead him over onto the dirt and wait for him to do his duty, or build a potty run.

Haleigh
    • Gold Top Dog
    the thing is i can never catch him pooping.  he always poops like early in the mornings between 12am to ??  I know this, cause i'm usually up till midnight and i look at the window and still no poop.  But when i wake up in the morning, there it goes...AAArrrhhhhgggg!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh, he LIVES outside?  When my shepherds decided that the garage floor was THE place to poop I relocated the fence and didnt give them access to the garage.  But if he LIVES in the yard...........
    • Gold Top Dog
    One of my dogs does the same thing.  Not always, but a lot of the time.  She also likes to walk when she poops, so it's a little trail of poop [:)].  Either way, we pick up poop daily, so we don't really care.  Mine does it on the back part of the yard, so it's not as bad.  Still, we always like to check before having company go out back.
    • Gold Top Dog
    no, i have the garage open so he sleeps in there.  He sometimes poops on the dirt, but lately on the cement... 
    • Gold Top Dog
    I have a question. Why would you cement half of the backyard, effectively reducing your dog's available area of cool grass to lounge or poop in? In the summer, concrete gets hot and reflects a lot of light, raising the ambient temperature. I was working on a project that was nothing but a concrete slab that the start of block walls. It was like being in a huge reflective oven.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Ceres is kind of near Merced isn't it?  Gosh, as I remember the weather there it was darned hot! 

I don't have any ideas for you if he see's that as his "home".  I've never had a dog that lived only outside.  Mine are always mostly inside and part of the family.
    • Gold Top Dog
    YEs, it was hot 3 weeks ago, but i keep him in the house most of the time. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    my backyard is laid out perfectly for him.  He has a good area of grass for him to lay down onto, he has cement and dirt...
    • Gold Top Dog
    IS Ceres near Merced?  Or am I remembering wrong?

My dogs sleep in the house.  They love being outside and spend a good amount of time out there during the daytime so long as the weather is decent, but after dinner they want to be parked under my feet.  And I've got six shepherds under my roof!
    • Gold Top Dog
    yes it's by merced.  My neighbor has a K-9 sheppard dog.  He's a sheriff. I think, his dog stays in the backyard.  He sometimes jumps his fence and he comes over my garage...  My dog, hasn't meet him yet though.. Hope his dog is friendly with other dogs.
    • Gold Top Dog
    If the officers Shepherd (not Sheppard) is getting loose, he isn't fit to be a K-9 officer.  It shouldn't be that hard to contain a dog.