Is hardwood flooring a good idea when presence of canine is there.

[$provider]
    • Bronze

Is hardwood flooring a good idea when presence of canine is there.

We are planning on renovating our home and we have a thought for our flooring and that would be to have oak hardwood. Our real concern on having hardwood flooring is our dear pets, Strike and Dew, a BC and a Poodle respectively. They are playful but at the same time much disciplined ones, but they can at times scratch things when left unnoticed.
    We gave hardwood a thought because Ridgeway Design Centre http://www.ridgewaydesigncentre.ca/ Oakville branch is in our neighborhood and they gave us a good offer. We want the deal but at the same time I don’t want to see the deal to be scratched off on the second day itself. Just want to know the possibilities of our pets to scratch the floors and what are the precautions that we can take to avoid it.

• Gold Top Dog

I've had hardwood floors with as many as six german shepherds at one time.  No floor damage resulted, however, it's a good idea to provide plenty of long runner type rugs as many dogs are not comfortable on hardwood or bare floors.

• Puppy

Anyone who has a backpack vacuum that is able to pick up lots of hair from dogs and can be used on hardwood floors? I saw GV 8 Qt  is highly rated here www.bestofvacuum.com/best-backpack-vacuum. Not sure if it has great suction power.

• Puppy

I  good quality hardwood floor is important especially with dogs we have a jack russell which is good on the hardword flooring but the collie  dog just ice skates about on it  so i would say depends on the breed. but easier to keep the home clean from pet hair.

• Puppy

I found this guide  here quite helpful  www.vacuumkoo.com/best-vacuum-for-hardwood-floors if it helps

• Puppy

Yes you can do even you can find best vacuum for long hair

• Puppy

To avoid scratches you need to put a tile :)This is a dog, so the scratches will be in any case. Here is another problem - the hair. I have сocker spaniel ) So.. do you understand what the problem I have? :) Its hair is everywhere. BTW, I have hardwood flooring and bare floors, many carpets, area rugs and so on. This information has helped to solve my problem: vacmux.com/best-vacuum-hardwood-floor-area-rugs

What do you think which model I chose? ))

• Puppy

Cleaning hard floor is not an easy job, you have to have a good cleaning machine for hard floor cleaning. backpack vacuum could help to take out pet and humain hair from the floor. I found a really good review article on backpack vacuum here - cleanerpicks.com/best-backpack-vacuum

• Puppy

Hello, you can prevent your dog from scratching your hardwood floor by following the following steps:

1. Keep your dog's nails trimmed regularly. ( Best option )

2. You can put booties on your pets paws.

3. You may consider  to put area rugs on your hardwood floors. ( My own strategy )

Hopefully, these steps will help you. If you need further information on hard floor vacuuming this article help me a lot - www.toolsreviewss.com/best-canister-vacuum-for-hardwood-floors

• Bronze

Best hardwood flooring for Dogs

One of the most frequently asked questions I get is:

Avoid the soft woods:

Consider distressed hardwoods.

All things being equal, harder hardwoods are better. ...

Woods with stronger graining are better for HIDING the scratches. ...

Satin finishes/less glossy finishes.