When good dogs go bad

• Gold Top Dog

When good dogs go bad

Here's the lovely Miss Dahlia.  She's so good isn't she?  She loves butter, but she's sitting SO NICELY in front of a stick of it, not even touching it.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/crysania4/4869455532/][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/4869455532_d8e5648180_z.jpg[/img][/url]

BAD DOG!!!!!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/crysania4/4868841289/][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4868841289_b9d23d56a6_z.jpg[/img][/url]

Dahlia would like you all to know that this was a total set up and really, her Mommy let her have the butter.

• Gold Top Dog

Dahlia:  you have to take the wrapper off first, girl friend !!!

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog

LOL trust me this girl knows how to get the wrapper off.  Her finding the butter and eating it has been an ongoing thing in our house. 

• Gold Top Dog

I can relate  . . . . . . I also have a love affair with butter !!!

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog

LOL, Does the first bandana say "good dog" and the second "bad dog" ? (or is it reverable?)

You dont actually let her eat sticks of butter though... do you?

• Gold Top Dog

Spazzy

LOL, Does the first bandana say "good dog" and the second "bad dog" ? (or is it reverable?)

You dont actually let her eat sticks of butter though... do you?

It's a reversible bandanna we got at the Stephen Huneck Gallery. 

And no, we don't let her eat sticks of butter (that stick was thrown out right after the second picture was taken), but she's been known to get into it if we're not careful.  In fact, the day we got her from the rescue, she had crawled up onto their table and eaten a whole stick of butter.  In our house, she's stolen a few sticks and usually chews on them a bit and hides them for later and she's licked clean a few butter papers when there wasn't much left on it and it was left out.

My partner is awful about cooking with butter and then forgetting to put it back in the fridge.  Then when Dahlia is left alone, she gets into it.

• Gold Top Dog

Her face in that second one is hi-larious.  But I have to admit the thought of eating butter like that makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  And that's not the baby hormones talking.

When I was younger, I babysat my neighbor's boys.  While I was watching Cody take a bath, I was keeping tabs on Beau.  Beau had helped himself to some dinner - which was fine - except his idea of dinner was a raw hot dog and a tub of Parkay.  GAG!  I took the Parkay away and had to listen to him pitch a fit for the longest over wanting his butter back.  Still makes me nauseous thinking about it.

• Gold Top Dog

scrubsfiend
    But I have to admit the thought of eating butter like that makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

You and me both!  I like butter, but not like that! LOL  Just...ew...

I like it even less when I find it squished down and shoved under my pillow as I crawl into bed at night, which seems to be her favourite hiding spot.

• Gold Top Dog

Dahlia, I'm with you, sweetie. At least, I used to be. lol  My dear mother used to love to tell everyone how I would crawl onto the dinner table and take the butter and stick it in the sugar and munch happily away.  Embarrassed 

Those pic's are adorable and I LOVE that bandana. 

• Gold Top Dog

crysania

It's a reversible bandanna we got at the Stephen Huneck Gallery. 

I used to visit dog mountain all the time when I lived in St. Johnsbury VT! Such a nice place. Did you see the Brittney Spaniels (there was a herd of them it seemed every time I went there!) The owner was great. He would just say Bird and off they'd go! And by off, I mean dirt kicked up here one moment gone the next!

Ari has gotten into the butter before too. Just once. Thankfully I caught her in time and learned my lesson. If she eats anything really fatty, she'll vomit it all back up later. 

Dahlia is just too gosh darned adorable. 

• Gold Top Dog

I didn't see any Brittanies, but we went during the week so there weren't many people there.  We did meet an awesome white GSD named Greta who had the best ears though!  Nice dog.

I wish I could say we learned our lesson with the butter.  We're better but my partner still forgets from time to time.  And sadly, Dahlia won't throw up the butter.  She has an iron stomach, so she eats all that fatty crap when she gets into it!

• Gold Top Dog

crysania
     I like it even less when I find it squished down and shoved under my pillow as I crawl into bed at night, which seems to be her favourite hiding spot.

ROTF, ewwwwwww !  Dahlia darling.... pweeeessseee do not let them put the "Bad Dog" bandana on you cuz you is a beautiful "Angel" Angel

• Gold Top Dog

Now that's just silly and Ick! all at the same time. Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

Hahahaha!  That's too funny!

• Gold Top Dog

Great "bad dog" picture!