Xtracycle dogs.

• Gold Top Dog

Xtracycle dogs.

wanted to start a pic thread of Xtracycle dogs, its really neat seeing how people find a way to take their dogs along on these bikes!!

here's mine

i tried this once..........

others.........

this is Eco - I have no idea how she taught her dog to do this, mine wouldn't dare try

• Gold Top Dog

No neo mastiffs??

Kidding, I think that looks pretty cool!

• Gold Top Dog

akyramoto82

A BC that stay's inside a moving thing! Wow! Thats one for the record books! LOL!

Those are some cool set ups!

• Gold Top Dog

akyramoto82

A BC that stay's inside a moving thing! Wow! Thats one for the record books! LOL!

Those are some cool set ups!

• Gold Top Dog

I thought the same thing as Calinisima...

What, no mastiffs....

Could you imagine one for a Talus size dogue....?
    Almost RV size....

Great photos...

• Gold Top Dog

oh man that'd be like carrying around an extra person!! LOL

• Gold Top Dog

i have to add the Bakfiets dog pics! I'd love to have one of these bikes, they're really neat

and............random other bicycle dogs

• Gold Top Dog

• Gold Top Dog

akyramoto82

i have to add the Bakfiets dog pics! I'd love to have one of these bikes, they're really neat

I want one of these!! Are they hard to steer? They look like it would take some practice to get used to riding one of those. Or is it just like riding a regular bike? And do I have to make one or can I order them online?

• Gold Top Dog

kle1986

akyramoto82

I want one of these!! Are they hard to steer? They look like it would take some practice to get used to riding one of those. Or is it just like riding a regular bike? And do I have to make one or can I order them online?

I have not gotten to ride one of these yet, but i think they're so cool - especially cuz they have neat little rain covers LOL.  So i have no idea how they handle - i'm sure having the front wheel further forward would be different - but still very do-able.  These are expensive. I know there is a place in Portland that imports them.........i'm going to get one someday!!

Clever cycles in Portland

they also just started making their electric assist for the xtracycle & the bakfiets - so it's like you're own personal electic ( i.e. rechargable) helper, but thats pricey too. yup I want one of those too.........

• Gold Top Dog

I want to know more about this too!

• Gold Top Dog

heres a vid of a guy up in chico - his girls obviously enjoy this bike.  shows him 'taking' off - so you get an idea of what it would be like. it has a low 'step over' point - so you're not trying to swing your leg over a tall cross bar like on most bikes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2XUUM20VXA

kids going to school in a bakfiet

Bonzi the dog in a bakfiet

big white dog riding in 3 wheeled bakfiet

no worries balancing with the three wheeled ones.

family ride in bakfiets

• Puppy

I built a slick "dog chariot" add-on for my Surly Big Dummy long-tail cargo bike. Here are some photos of it:

I also have two Adobe Acrobat PDF diagrams with scaled measurements, which I created in Adobe Illustrator in case anyone is interested. Furthermore, I also have several more close up technical photos of the dog chariot, which present details of its construction. I will share them with people, just contact me off this thread so we do not hijack it by loading it up with my stuff. Best wishes and ride safe everyone,

_TONE_

• Gold Top Dog

FYI, this thread started in "08.

• Puppy
    Tiffy, I was fully aware of when this thread was started. I did not have a dog back then, so I obviously could not share photos. Furthermore, if you do a Google search for "Xtracycle" and "dog" this thread appears on the first page. I figured even if this is an old thread, this is one of the best compilations of Xtracycle-dog photos on the net and I wanted to contribute in case anyone is searching for ideas for their furry friend like I did. Besides, you wrote back yourself, so at least one person other than me obviously is still checking this thread out. Smile Well, thanks for keeping the thread active as well. Best wishes and ride safe, _TONE_