Take a Moment and Thank our Military Service Members

• Gold Top Dog

Take a Moment and Thank our Military Service Members

Regardless of we may feel about the war it is important to let our military know that we love and support them and that we want them all to come home safe. If you can please take a moment to go to this site and send a free post card to our service members serving in harm's way.

http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html

And for your enjoyment here is a wondferful song written by one of our boys in uniform. It is titled "On My Watch Tonight" and I have posted the lyrics so that you can sing along.

I now know 3 young men in Iraq and 2 in Afghanastan. I am sure you also all know some.

On My Watch Tonight by Mike Corrado

I come from an Island
    In the Carolina sand
    Where I was broke down,
    Built up and reborn a fighting man
    My blood runs red,
    white and blue
    I’ll brave the cold,
    the rain, the pain
    and the bullets
    so you don’t have to

Don’t worry about me;
    I’ll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    I’ll keep you safe
    on my watch tonight

It’s a long, long way from that island
    And a long way from home
    With the thought of you standing behind me
    I could never be alone

There’s a promise
    I need you to make
    While I’m gone you take care of the love
    And I’ll deal with the hate

Don’t worry about me;
    I’ll be all right
    I’ll keep you safe
    on my watch tonight

Don’t worry about me;
    I’ll be all right
    I’ll keep you safe
    on my watch tonight

Listen here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aOtyx58pgg

• Gold Top Dog

Every day and in as many ways as we con..the kids have spent a good part of the summer writing letters and drawing pictures, My daughters and I send a note telling them if they want some one to write to them let is know if not THANK YOU for the work, sacrifice and belief that our country and our famlies are important. We donate boxes for Christmas every year, Starting in January we begin to build the boxes for the next Christmas. We send magazines and DVDS  to friends serving with a small instruction, enjoy them and pass them along....

I stopped sending mail to ex in laws who treated me like doo and the chatty mail to the grand kids who NEVER respond... so that money goes to the Service personel boxes.... Anything we can send we do and as the year closes down towards mail out time.... we ask our differnt lists to kick in ANYTHING they want to ...... calling cards. moisutizer,  you name it we get it... drink mixes and sunscreen.....  I would ratehr never get another Christmas gift than give up sending these boxes out. !!

God Bless Dgriego  thinking of them  NOW , is a far far better thing than just going to a parade when they come home....

Bonita of Bwana Soldier  Army Navy  Air Force Marines  Coast Guard Freedom Flag 

• Gold Top Dog

Thank you for the song, I had it on my old computer at work and lost it.   As always those very brave young men are in my prayers.

• Gold Top Dog

I have already been to that site a while ago.....I am so greatful to all men and women serving to keep us save.......at this point we have 19 family members in the service.........11 with a college degree.......Army/ Navy/Air Force....(we are just a bunch of patriotic people, and the tradition will continue)

Just recently I replaced our US flag........the old one was getting beat up by the weather.......

• Gold Top Dog

I sent an e-card and I'm going to send the link to my husband so he can send one too. 

• Silver

Thanks for posting this.

• Gold Top Dog

My boyfriend is currently in basic training at Ft Benning for the Army. I pray every day for him and all of our soldiers overseas. We really are the land of the free because of the brave.  

• Gold Top Dog

snownose
    Just recently I replaced our US flag........the old one was getting beat up by the weather

I still use the old one I rescued in 1996. I was working on a remodel and addition to Burks Elementary in McKinney, Tx. The school was also getting rid of a lot of old stuff, like some desks, etc. Halfway up the trash pile was 3 foot version of the Flag. That is not how you de-commission and dispose of an old flag. It is done with ceremony and the flag is then burned but never once does it touch the ground, ever. In fact, any boy scout troop will consider it an honor to de-commission your flag for you. And this was a school. What kind of example is that? Anyway, I took it home, washed it a few times, sewed up a few tears and she still flies today.

I could buy a new one but this one has meaning for me. I picked it off the trash pile, thought a few ugly thoughts about who would dispose of a flag in that manner. Flying that flag means no one and nothing is forgotten, cast aside like so much debris. Semper Fidelis.

My one regret in life is that I could not serve (medical disqualification).

I have a jean jacket that I put patches on. A lot of Harley-Davidson ones. But also A flag over the left breast (civilian location). Another one under that which says "Freedom isn't Free." A pin given to me by my FIL who was in WWII in France from the 9th USAF 410th Light Bomber Group. As well as an american eagle patch and pin that my friend, Lee, wore on his rags in his riding days. Rags are the vest or jacket that bikers would wear that would display their patches, such as that of a motorcycle club. He didn't not belong to a club and was always an independent. He was a true biker, in it for the ride, not the other hubris. He was a US Navy Seal stationed out of Da Nang, Viet Nam from 1964 to 1969. He spent at least 3 Christmases deep in the jungle on maneuvers.

This is a song that Creedence Clearwater Revival wrote for veterans, though it was written during that war. When I saw them a few years ago as Creedence Clearwater Revisited (minus John Fogerty), the explained the meaning and dedication of this song.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kfgibdaaY4M&feature=related

• Bronze

Hello guys, Im new here too. Hope this community will be my second home and help me with my study. I searching for best paper writing service reviews here www.bestessayservicereviews.com to choose only professional writers that will help me with my dissertation. Can someone help me?

• Puppy

Thanks for posting, it is really important!

• Puppy

Thank you for taking the time to publish it here.

• Puppy

This seems to be a pretty old post...

Nevertheless, it's nice to know that people care about what was going on then and now. Thank you!

• Puppy

Se gosta de apostas desportivas e quer encontrar uma boa casa de apostas com boas probabilidades, então vai adorar https://mostbet-pt.com . Adoro futebol e adoro o facto de poder fazer bom dinheiro com apostas desportivas quando vejo o meu jogo preferido.