JUNE-it's here

• Gold Top Dog

DONE

If you want to use your display name rather than your user name, click on "account settings" at the top of the page and enable it :)

• Gold Top Dog

Awwww  look at our siggy's  some of those furr babies have crossed the bridge, Thanks for your quick response to Glenda's request.

• Gold Top Dog

How cool!!!  Thanks for giving me my babies back!  And a name!!  Doesn't take much to make me happy.  FIVE of my six have crossed the Bridge so it means a lot to be able to see them.  Thanks so much.

• Gold Top Dog

I've not checked in for a few days, and I was pleasantly surprised by the changes.  I'm looking forward to  having less frustration when posting here.  

I forgot how special everyone's signatures were.  It's bittersweet to see furry faces who have left us -- and feathered/beaked faces, too, Glenda!  Guess I'll need to create a signature.  I don't think I ever made one other than my name.

I answered the poll.  I voted no -- like Ginger, I don't have a smart phone, but even if I did, I wouldn't  use that feature.  It's all I can do to walk Ruby when I have to juggle the leash, treats, poop bags, a whistle (just in case we have a problem with another dog), and all the paraphernalia required to walk a powerful, rambunctious, somewhat reactive dog.  No way could I also be making a video of our route, unless I strapped a GoPro to my head!  :-)

It's been an exhausting week.  Monday we made the decision to move MIL to assisted living.  My SIL and BIL were here from WY, so we decided to get it done while we had help.  It's been 72 hours of packing, sorting, organizing, moving, arranging, etc.  She went from a 1-bedroom apartment to a single studio room, but she had a TON of stuff in that little place.  We could not believe the volume we had to move out of there (DH is doing the last of it now).  I kept telling him, "It could be worse -- she could be coming from a huge house full of stuff."

A lesson for all of us:  try to pare down your belongings when you're younger and more able.  Try to fight the urge to be too sentimental with saving all kinds of stuff that truly has no use.  MIL saved everything, and it got worse in recent months as her mental condition  failed.  She had all kinds of decorative things that just collected dust, and none of the kids want it, so she saved it for nothing.  We've done a lot of recycling and tossing, but most of it will go to our shelter's thrift store, so that's good.  

Good tip from a friend:  take photos of things that you feel you can't part with (like children's school crafts or special knick-knacks from friends or family no longer with you, etc.).  Then you can have a photo collection of these items instead of a dozen Rubbermaid totes stored in a garage or attic with the stuff no one looks at or uses anymore.

Temps in  3 digits this weekend.  I'm not happy.  I will be indoors with A/C, sorting through knick-knacks and clothing from MIL's place.

• Gold Top Dog

Oops, I meant to tell you Glenda that I'm glad your surgery went okay and that I hope you regain your voice soon. I'd have trouble not being able to talk, that's for sure!

• Gold Top Dog

Glenda, I'm glad your surgery went well. Cherry cobbler? Yumm! I'm on my way if there's any left.

Tracy, you and everyone in your family must be exhausted. Positive thoughts coming your way.

I, too, voted "no". I don't take a phone with me when I walk the dogs, so I can focus on them and our walk.

Will try to post a picture of Rock--he is settling in. He does not like to get up early! Ronnie and Mozey are up by 6, if they sleep in. Rock doesn't even think about getting up until at least 8:30!

I've taken another step into the 21st century and now have wireless DSL (or whatever it's called). They had to come fix the DSL/data and the guy replaced the modem. One less cord to worry about!

• Gold Top Dog

PS I realize I need to add Ronnie and Rock to my sig.

• Gold Top Dog

Tracy glad to hear that your Mother-in-law is getting moved into assisted living and that there is family there to help your hubby. Hope once she gets in there she'll decide it is the greatest place to be.

That's a good idea about taking photos of things. Never thought of that and don't know why, as I take lots of photos with my smart phone. After my mom died, my Dad lived in his home for about 7 years, before selling his house and moving into the assisted living complex. When the house was sold, we divided up some of the furniture and it was taken by various family members but then I had a moving van come in and had the rest of the household brought down to our place. That was in 1999 or 2000 and all of those years I've had a terrible time trying to get rid of things. This year I'm really working at it....dam why we do have such a sentimental value to stuff. I also am taking the things to a local shelters thrift store so that helps to make getting rid of it easier.

Glad to hear Glenda that your surgery went well. Feel bad for you not being able to talk much. Sending healing vibes your way.

• Gold Top Dog

That's exactly what I need.  The vocal cords have to heal and regenerate.  There WAS only a polyp on the left one when this was all set up, but, classic overachiever that I am, the right one just had to get in on the action!  I'm allowed to whisper now, so long as it's in a relaxed, easy way.  I think a week without words would be tough for anyone, but add in female, add in female who TALKS to earn a living.....sigh.  I picked up a "slate" sized chalk board so I can get a few thots acrossed!  Sure am going through the chalk!

DH called Mom for me last night.  Her dementia has progressed to the point that she really doesn't get that I simple can't speak, and she misses talking with me.  I think their chat went a long way towards reassuring her.  I had written her an email for Sis to read to her, but that just made her want to chat more.  We normally talk daily, so I'm sure this is hard for her.

Tracy, my Mom would not still be with us if it weren't for assisted living.  She'll probably resist like heck, but the staff will get her involved in activities and once that happens, she'll be "home".  And, I too love the idea of pictures.  I know a ton of stuff will be donated when we finally are able to empty out our storage.

• Gold Top Dog

Hmmmm, the notifications stopped again.  Frustrating.

Still can't do much more than whisper and it's getting really old, really fast.

Sure hope you guys are still around......

• Gold Top Dog

Glenda, what notifications have stopped for you is anyone else not getting notifications?  As far as we can see the emails are going out and everything is working  

• Gold Top Dog

I am getting Notifications from this thread, got Glenda's and got yours.

Glenda glad to hear you are at a whisper.  I am not good at "quiet".   Must be the sales person in me or ....my parents said I was born be noisy and just never stopped :)

Garth went to his check up and shots Monday.  According to Ron he is a "chic magnet" :) said all the girls wanted to pet him and said how cute he was etc.   He weighed 18 lbs.  Need to down load some recent pics.. he has grown lots.  

Thank you to Barbara in Texas.   Several years back she sent Secret Santa treat puzzle thingys.  Hot was never attracted to them, Rock liked them some but it has been a life saver with keeping Garth occupied.  Don't know how I would get ready for work without them.

What's everyone's holiday plans?

• Gold Top Dog

July thread seems to be MIA.

Quick request for prayers for my sister who was involved in a rollover accident at some point yesterday.  She has two or tree fractured vertebrae in her neck and will be under going surgical repair sometime today.  Her hubby is a royal mess emotionally, so maybe some soothing vibes for him as well.......

• Gold Top Dog

Sorry to hear about your Sis. Prayers for her and calming vibes for her hubby.   I was coming here to ask for prayers for my SIL .  She is in surgery at this moment.  She is a cancer survivor, there is a lump in her lungs .  It has to be removed praying that it is not malignant and she can recover quickly.  

Busy day here must run for now take care all.

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger, so sorry to hear about your SIL.  Prayers and benign vibes heading her way.    I've been a smoker for 45+ years and I saw the doc today.....pathology confirmed benign for polyps on my vocal cords!