Ate a Rabbit

• Gold Top Dog

Ate a Rabbit

I am asking this on be half of a friend, her dog killed and ate a rabbit. She took her to the vet because she did throw up from it, and had her checked out.  Vet said not to worry, she will be fine.

This same dog one week later, now is throwing up and has the runs.  They took her back to the vet, the vet says it has nothing to do with the rabbit.  But she has a baterial infection and her intestines are irratated.  So they put her on antibiotics. (they did take xrays and used a coating during the porcedure to see how her digestive system was working.

They put the dog on WD for a diet.

Any thoughts?

So, doesn't it seem like the rabbit may have caused this?  She dog is not an outside dog.

• Gold Top Dog

Might want to post something over in General Chat, I think that's where most people are checking while we adjust to the new format here.  Otherwise your question might get missed.

• Gold Top Dog

Jessie has killed and ate rabbits several times without any ill effects. I worry because she has chronic pancreatitis, but the bunnies don't seem to make her sick.  I hope your friends dog gets better soon.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

The dog could be sick from something the rabbit may have eaten. Also I know if I eat something I don't normally eat it can upset my stomach too. The antibiotics should help and a bland diet, if the dog doesn't start acting normal in a couple days call the vet.

• Bronze

My jacky ate rabbit one time, he like non veg like never seen before if he gets me to eat then he can eat me also...