"And the Award Goes to..." [Dog Tricks]

[$provider]
    • Gold Top Dog

"And the Award Goes to..." [Dog Tricks]

Wow... so glenmar's dog can open the fridge... Leisje's dog can "touch" anything she wants... We've got a lot of Dog Whispers on this forum!

What is your dog's best trick? (images would be awesome too, if possible!)

[once a month I'd like to vote/crown "the best trick of the month"] haha

• Gold Top Dog

My dog will bring me a kleenex from the other end of the house the moment he hears me sneeze.   

• Gold Top Dog

Mine wipe their paws on a mat before coming in to the house.

Edit: I'm seriously thinking of training Marlowe to be the Poop Detective in the yard so I can scoop it all up and not miss any. He's a bit enamored of the poopsicles this time of year and I'd love to harness that power for good instead of evil! 

• Gold Top Dog

Neiko will bring me the remote, crawl backwards and find me a sock when I ask for one. He has lots of tricks up his sleeve. I'm constantly teaching him new things because he LOVES to learn. 

• Gold Top Dog

Sequoyah knows the names of things and will bring me tennis ball, tug toy or frisbee - she also knows right from left, although I taught her wrong (MY right is "right", even though it's her left).   She knows how to "go get daddy" and wake him up.  She waves, weaves through my legs, puts her frisbee away in the wicker bin, does "high five", spins, says her prayers, puts her two front paws on a stand when I say "elephant" and all kinds of other stuff.  She taught herself to open the baby gates - flips the lever up and then either pushes or pulls the gate open, depending on what side she's on. 

Sioux bails Fergie out of her wire crate.  She also has a lot of trick behaviors, including sneeze on command, crawl, and dance.

Maska - the trick is to get him off the couch.  But, when you do, he can spin, shake, high five, wave, weave through my legs, spin, etc.  He learned to duck as he weaves so that he won't tip me over LOL.

• Gold Top Dog

houndlove
    Edit: I'm seriously thinking of training Marlowe to be the Poop Detective in the yard so I can scoop it all up and not miss any. He's a bit enamored of the poopsicles this time of year and I'd love to harness that power for good instead of evil! 

LOL I've thought of doing this! How great! It's just because our yard is so big, it takes a lot of surveying to find one poop. If Jaia could just search it out for me, it would go a lot quicker! LOL

Great tricks everyone!  Mine don't compare!

• Gold Top Dog

Pepper (the wire-haired fox terrier X cocka-poo) it was the 60's folks  would climb a step ladder and jump into my arms  (my first attempt at training a dog)

Morgan (doberman) learned people's names and a take it command.... we never ran out of toilet paper again.

Marshall (doberman) never had "tricks"  his best behavior to get between the fence and his kid of any person he did not trust...boy was he accurate

Dessie (terv)  Hot Cold game in a classroom demonstration (find the right kid using a clicker)

Nora (malinois) from a sit (like a formal recall)  jump into my arms

• Gold Top Dog

After reading a lot of these I realize Kayla's got a long way to go to be the top trickster! :o)

My favorite tricks she does are:

"Wave" - sitting and wave both paws to say hello

"Dance" - standing on back legs twirling like a ballerina

"High-Five" - one paw high-five

Haha nothing to amazing... but it's cute none the less!! I'm sure to not win this month but I'm going to go home and cook up something real good to learn ;o)

• Gold Top Dog

Hmm....some things I've taught:

- Clean up toys and put in basket
    - Retrieve remote (and other things with "Take It";) to hand
    - Go to kennel on cue - but open the door, go in, and close it behind you please!
    - Be a Sailor - using paw to spin those boat-directing things (gah, why is the name escaping me???)
    - Play soccer by pushing a ball between cones

That's a couple anyhow.

• Gold Top Dog

Kim_MacMillan
    Go to kennel on cue - but open the door, go in, and close it behind you please!

Please tell me you have a video of this! And if you don't, please make one and post it! Smile 

• Gold Top Dog

I have one version, but it was a teaching stage version and not completed to my criteria at the time *G*. I have to make a new video with the completed behaviours as well as just the teaching journal that I have. But if you want to see the almost-finished one I'll dig it up!

• Puppy

We do the standard: sit, down, roll over, shake hands, but at the end we add a bow. Right now we are trying to sit pretty and will then begin spin.

• Gold Top Dog

I have a dog that can:

• "beg" (you might say sit pretty)
    • roll over
    • crawl
    • speak
    • shake hands
    • fetch most things I point out
    • find/fetch the remote

My favourite one is where I hold my arms out in a loop and he jumps through.  In his old age though, I crouch pretty low for him.

• Gold Top Dog

my little monkey can do the following tricks:

• sit
    • lie down
    • beg (sit pretty)
    • spin
    • leave it (usually for the cat-chasing)
    • drop it (toy or something she's not supposed to have in her mouth)
    • up (get up on this- pointing)
    • down (get down off this- pointing)
    • shake (one paw, from sitting)
    • high five (from standing or sitting, with both paws)
    • under (a work in progress, going between my legs. eventually i hope to have it be just under whatever i point to)
    • inside (go into where i'm pointing, usually the crate, or under the covers in bed)
    • my favourite, has no real word, just kinda a "hep" noise and a tap on my belly to have her jump into my arms

we're also working on "upstairs/downstairs"

that's it! nothing too extraordinary, but she's pretty reliable on them (at home anywaze haha)

i'm so proud of my girl, she's still a wee-one! she's not even a year old yet! about 9 months now :D

• Gold Top Dog

I am just starting to teach Teddi tricks. I want her to learn a lot of them but I have to learn too. So far we have speak and I am trying bow.

Belle has a leave it trick where I can put a treat on each paw and she won't touch them until instructed too. I tried her nose but I can't balance it.