Mr. Abady has died

• Bronze

Mr. Abady has died

I'm new to this site, but did see some very heated debates re Abady dog food (which I've used for 15  plus years now).   Mr. Abady's manufacturing/research facility is only 10 miles or so from my home so we picked up the food directly from the factory.   This dog food was the primary cure for my beautiful Golden's allergies.   A couple of weeks ago, Mr. Abady died.   He may have seemed "different" or "essentric" to some, but he was truly a pioneer in dog food purity and just a wonderful person.   Below is his obit...

Robert H. Abady

VERBANK - Robert H. Abady, 69, of Verbank died Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at Vassar Brothers Medical Center. Mr. Abady was the founder and owner of the Robert H. Abady Dog Food Co. which settled on Smith St. in Poughkeepsie in 1979 from it's previous quarters, and the NutraVet Research Corp. Born in Curacao on June 18, 1938, he was the son of Jack and Fortune Farhi Abady. He left Curacao after the war with his family and was schooled at the Lycee Francais de NY. Having a great love for animals, he proceeded to develop nutrition and supplements for them over the years. Robert embarked on a lifelong mission to help people and their four legged friends, and became well known around the world for his vision. As a child he mended broken wings, as a young man he single handedly saved the Bouvier from a slow but certain extinction, and as an adult funded the most scientifically sound nutrition company of it's kind, focusing on animals' nutrition and welfare. In a never ending quest to assist the needy, Robert became a source of comfort and knowledge for the ailing and the troubled, always ready to apply his polyvalent professional skills to ease their suffering. He was a complex and eclectic personality, a talented artist, and a bon vivant, but above all a great and caring human being who will be sorely missed by all those who knew and loved him. He leaves behind his wife of 8 years, Maya Sherpa; his mother Fortune; and his sister, Margo Sally Abady. Visitation will be Tuesday, March 25 from 1-3 and 6-8 pm at Parmele Funeral Home, 110 Fulton Ave., Poughkeepsie. Funeral services will be private and burial will be in St. Peter's Cemetery, Poughkeepsie. Memorial donations may be made in Robert's memory to Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation, 103 Iron Ore Rd., Bloomfield,CT. 06002 (860-243-5200 www.Fidelco.org) If you would like to send the family a condolence and for guest book and directions, please visit www.HudsonValleyFuneralHomes.com.

Published on March 22, 2008.

• Gold Top Dog

Welcome to the forum; I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Abady's passing.

• Gold Top Dog
    That's to bad, many of us did not agree with his ideas, but it was clear he did love dogs and was dedicated to bettering the pet food industry. RIP Mr. Abady.
    • Gold Top Dog

Very sorry to hear of Mr. Abady's passing :(  Agree with him or not, he had some radical/revolutionary ideas about diet AND breeding. Though I usually didn't share his beliefs, I deeply respected him for thinking outside the box ...

• Gold Top Dog

poor Charlie must be in mourning Sad

• Gold Top Dog

Edie

poor Charlie must be in mourning Sad

LMAO.  How unkind.

• Gold Top Dog

probe1957
    How unkind.

Wasn't meant to be. 

• Gold Top Dog

God Speed ...Mr. Abady

He may never have reached the recognition level of Paul Iams, but his food has led to some lively discussion here on this site  !!

• Gold Top Dog

While I never have been in the Abday school of feeding, I am glad you share this. I had no idea that he was one of the people who helped the Bouvier recover from it's decimation during the World Wars. My family has always had Bouves, so I found that really interesting.

• Puppy

essay-reviewer.com/.../";>bestessaytips review

• Puppy