Bleeding Sore on Dogs Butt

• Puppy

Bleeding Sore on Dogs Butt

My dog is about 2 1/2 years old. She is a german shepherd and rottweiler mix. She has an open sore on her butt and it has what appears to be blood oozing out of it. please help! What could this be? The sore is about 2 inches long and about 1 inch thick. Thanks in advance!!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Is it near her anus? Could be a ruptured anal gland. For a wound that size, she probably needs to see a vet.
    • Puppy
    Get her to the vet and have her checked out.

From what you describe it sounds like a ruptured anal gland which needs imediate vet care. But we are not there to see it and we are not vets, we're just a bunch of random people on the internet. The advice we give should not be used as a substitue for profesional medical advice. When in doubt you can should always call your vet or E-vet.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Vet, absolutely -- a sore that doesn't just stop bleeding should be seen right away by a vet.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I agree with the other posters.  The vet is probably going to need to clean that up and give you something to put on it.  And, I'd think they'll probably give antibiotics too. 

Good luck and I hope she feels better soon.
    Lori[:)]