christmas gifts for groomers?

• Gold Top Dog

christmas gifts for groomers?

I was wondering if any of you give a Christmas gift to your dog groomer.  I have been going to this lady at PetSmart for awhile now and she is good to me.  She grooms my dog as soon as I get there.  I wait in the store for him and he is done in an hour.  She does not charge me the express grooming fee of $10.  Also, about 3 weeks after he is groomed, I take him back to get his nails cut, butt trimmed, hair under his paws trimmed, etc. and she doesn't charge me.  I was thinking of giving her something for Christmas.  What do you all think?
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm sure it would be a nice gesture, since she does take care of you and the pup.  Even if it's something small, it's always nice to let those people who help you know that you appreciate her.  Do you tip her? you could always "double-tip" or get her something about that much, depending. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Nicole,

I always tip her.  I give her $5 for a full groom.  Even when she does something small, I tip her.  I was thinking of getting her a $15 gift certificate to a very popular coffee shop.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Shelley,

I'm sure that would be much appreciated.  I know from working for the public for several years that it is nice to have someone show you that they appreciate you.  The amount isn't even the big deal, but the gesture, so that sounds great. 

I don't go to a groomer for Sammy, but I can imagine that it's nice to have someone to reliable to take care of your dog!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Your gesture would be MUCH appreciated!

You really don't need to spend much money though. A plate of homemade goodies are always a favorite as many times we don't take a real lunch, especially during the holidays when we are so busy. Things like a yard of a nice print fabic for making bandana's, a gift certificate to a craft store, or even a nice framed photo of your dog are always nice. Most groomers are "crafty" and make bows, bandana's, and collar scrunchies, so craft items are great gifts.

Thanks for thinking of your groomer!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Our groomer has a annual Christmas party for all the clients, dogs invited, and he has Santa there to take pictures with.

Willow is unable to attend since she's not good with other dogs.  So, my husband and I go and give him his gift then.  Last year we got him a big Italian food basket that I picked out all the things for myself.  This year I think we might do one of kennel_keepers craft store gift card ideas. 

kennel_keeper--Does it matter what print is on the bandana's or anything cute is OK??  I know it sounds silly but I know some people can be funny about things. 
    Thanks!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Your groomer will definatley appreciate anything special...doesn't even have to be monetary.

When I groomed, a client of mine brought in these decadent homemade brownies and cookies for us.  We were all in heaven that day!  Others have given me an xmas bonus.  Regardless, it's always appreciated.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Cute, colorful fabrics are good choices, but think about the fabrics your groomer has used with Willow. That will give you an idea of preferences. Of course, seasonal prints are always a good choice as well, but all holiday prints aren't always easy to find at all times.
    Another thing you can do (if your handy and want to spend some time on it) is to go ahead and cut them into "bandana" triangles. Three sizes (small, medium, and large) are the norm. The easiest way to do this is to start with a 36" square and just fold it on the diagonal and cut at the fold. You can do this with each triangle until you have several smaller sizes.
    Or add to the bandana's by using a "trim" on the edges that will hang down. Using iron on hemming material (stitch witchery, or similar), just iron on your trims.

This type of gift is one that keeps on giving all year long. Groomers buy tons of stuff like this and then have to take their time to cut, trim, etc. By having these things already done, saves us time and money and it makes our clients SOOOOOO HAPPY to see their poochies with such pretty "trimmings" and their new haircut.

If you don't feel comfy picking out fabrics and/or trims, the certificate is the next best thing [:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    From your description your groomer goes above and beyond, so it would be very nice to show your appreciation of what she does for you.  As a groomer, the dogs that I groom are special to me and it makes me feel good that an owner would think enough of me to do something special for me on the holidays. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    At the grooming shop my Sister owns they get way too many boxes of Chocolates, christmas tree decorations, home made sweets, gift certificates (which are very nice...especially for a groomer who enjoys coffee).  She gets many Newfoundland dog things as well as body lotions, shampoos etc.

Her favorite gifts are tips and gift certificates tho.  Last year many of her clients left at least a $20.00 tip and some left $40.00 upwards. She has a huge clientel so this really adds up.[:D