mucus in urine?

[$provider]
    • Puppy

mucus in urine?

my 5-month old mutt has mucus in her urine although some of it comes out clear.  it happens towards the beginning of her peeing.  sometimes there will be a string of mucus left hanging after she is done peeing.  does anyone know what this is?
    • Gold Top Dog
    I have never seen this with any of my females, so i don't have a clue.  Manybe someone else will.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I have never seen this with my females either..I would have the dog vet checked maybe the beginings of a UTI
    • Gold Top Dog
    Is your puppy spayed?  Is it normal urine color?  Sometimes, there is some funny discharge when a dog goes into heat.  But, either way, I would suggest that she sees a vet!
    • Puppy
    Thanks for replying!

my puppy was spayed at 2 months.  Her urine color is normal and it seems as if she goes at regular intervals, not too much, not too little.

i was trying to avoid going to the vet yet again because everytime i walk out of the office, i seem to be missing $200 more dollars.  but it looks like i'll have to take her back in.

thanks again.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Definitely you should take the dog to the vet.  But I can help you in saying that from time to time my female 8 yrold Great Dane has the stringy mucuous hanging after a pee.  When it first occurred when she was young I took her to the vet.  That was 7 years ago and for the life of me I don't remember what the vet said.  I only know that for my dog it was not serious because nothing has come of it and did nothing about it.