How do I know when my dog is ready to give birth?

[$provider]
    • Bronze

How do I know when my dog is ready to give birth?

The first thing you do is monitoring the temperature regularly and specially 4 days before the due day. It takes about 58-63 days from the time your dog was bred. Your dog’s temperature is supposed to drop down to 98. The normal body temperature of a dog is 101.5° F. She will probably vomit and stop eating. She’ll be restless and seeking for a quiet place to have her puppies. However, she’ll have no pain from contractions. Some people recommend preparing a box for her to have her pups. About 24 hours before the labor milk is produced. Be prepared to assist the mother when giving birth, if necessary, and remove the covering membranes from the puppy, clean the face and also remove mucus from face and nose so that the pups will be able to breathe. Applying iodine at the end of the umbilical cord might help to prevent infection. It’s not healthy for the mother to eat most of the placentas. She might have diarrhea for a few days. There is about 30 to 60 minutes between births. The mother rests a little after each birth. The room temperature should be no less than 70° F and cold floors should be avoided.   

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Another post, lifted entirely from another website.  Same active links to your website for thermometers, there, too.  Our forum is not a vehicle for free advertising.  Please check your inbox for a Moderator Message.

• Gold Top Dog

Wouldn't be so bad if it were ACCURATE.

• Gold Top Dog

Again, why?

• Gold Top Dog

Wow! No pain! AMAZING if it were remotely true. Ever been present while a dog whelps?

• Gold Top Dog

Angelica
    However, she’ll have no pain from contractions.

I've seen bitches whelp and you know what: There is pain. Where are you getting this, so inaccurate, information?

• Gold Top Dog

Wow -- troll + spam ALL in one!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I get the feeling this might have been someone's summer project.

• Gold Top Dog

miranadobe

I get the feeling this might have been someone's summer project.

To spam us with nonsense???

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

To learn the difference between paraphrasing and plagiarism?  I just suspect it might be someone young who wants to be helpful, but is unfortunately mistaken.

• Gold Top Dog
    tiffy

Angelica
    However, she’ll have no pain from contractions.

I've seen bitches whelp and you know what: There is pain. Where are you getting this, so inaccurate, information?

hey, I'm a mammal and the vast majority of my contractions were painless Smile it's the preachy tone of these posts that nighles me, like the op is a teacher and we are a classroom... Why not wait until someone actually asks a question about whelping before posting this stuff? Never mind that the number on here who would be in this situation are probably quite a small minority...
    • Gold Top Dog

Not to open THAT can of worms again, Chuffy, but by golly MY contractions hurt, and the bitches I've watched whelping DID have pain.

Paige has a sweet and generous nature.  Misinformation really IRKS me tho!