He's gone.

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

He's gone.

Gunner, Gunther, Guns, Lugnut, Spawn of Satan, at the age of 9 months. We were going for a run, stopped in the side yard and he broke from me to visit the neighbor. He ran into a car at full speed, went under a tire. I carried him in a blanket in the neighbors truck to the vet. Too much damage. Probably be gone for a while. This hurts way too much for words.

Doug

• Gold Top Dog

Oh Doug.  I can't believe it. I'm so shocked and sorry.  ((((strong hugs))))

• Gold Top Dog

OMG, I am so sorry, Doug and family.  Run free little fella,  we enjoyed  hearing the stories your Dad shared with us.

• Gold Top Dog

Oh no!  Doug I am so sorry!!  That is just terrible (((((hugs))))))

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh Doug. I don't have words. My heart is broken with you.

Gunther aka Lugnut you made such an impression in such a short time. Run free and far sweet boy.

I truly cannot understand the universe

• Gold Top Dog

Oh no!  Doug, I'm so sorry!  I don't even know what to say.  Please know we are sharing some of your grief.  As Karen said, the way the world works just doesn't make any sense sometimes.  Such losses shouldn't have to happen to good people.  Sending strong vibes to you and your wife.  I will be holding sweet Lugnut in my heart.  

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

So sorry to hear this. Cannot imagine how much this hurts. Sending love your way. <3

• Gold Top Dog

Oh man Doug I just don't know what to say. I just couldn't believe it when I read the title. I was just like..... it can't be. My heart  breaks for you and your wife. Gunther you made such an impression in such a short time. You were a very loved and well taken care of pup and though your life was cut short, the life you had was the very best. RIP little guy. Doug and Doug's wife you are in my thoughts.

• Gold Top Dog

Oh Doug, I am so sorry for your loss, how heart breaking for you, there are no words I can say to ease your sorrow,  My heart is broken for you.

• Gold Top Dog

Doug, my heart has felt heavy since reading your sad and shocking post last night.  I wanted to post again to say that I know you said you may stay away for a while as you grieve, but I hope you aren't gone for too long.  You've got a group of very sympathetic friends here who understand if you need to share your sadness.  But even if you prefer to mourn privately, we enjoy your MN stories and weather reports and sense of humor, so I hope we'll see you around these parts.  ;-)

• Gold Top Dog

I second what Tracy has said. Still thinking of you Doug.

Yesterday was my birthday and 3 dogs who I knew of died.  Crying

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

also very much in my heart  and mind since reading your post Doug.

sending you my strongest healing vibes

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I wanted you to know I had read your posts.  Thank you.

This is how I will remember the Lugnut:

A joy filled spirit.

Doug

• Gold Top Dog

Words are so totally inadequate.  Please know how sorry I am for your loss.  Sending ((((hugs)))), and lots of love.

From all your stories, I too will remember that sweet pup as a joy filled spirit.

Run free Gunther.

• Gold Top Dog

I, too, am so sorry.  It's so hard.