Rocky - Gotcha day Feb 2 2008 to April 6 2015

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

Rocky - Gotcha day Feb 2 2008 to April 6 2015

We saw the cutest little puppy on PetFinder a few days after helping Shadow cross the bridge on a cold and snowy January day.  His name was guy, found in a snowstorm all alone on a lady's porch.  He was found the same night Shadow crossed over the bridge.  I just knew Shadow had sent him for some reason to help us.  Although we thought he might have been a Newf mix, he was definatly more lab :) We named this sweet boy Rocky and he has given us 7 years of love and devotion,

Today we helped our sweet boy over the bridge.  Last night he slept with his head on my lap and I told him it was ok and that there would be so many to meet him.  Some he would know right away some would share the stories of their families.  His breathing got calm as I told him how much he would enjoy running thru the meadows, swimming in the ponds, sleeping in the shade of a tree. 

This morning Ron took him to the Vet we have come to know this week and she helped Rocky cross over.  Ron had his time with him to say goodbye and stayed with him until he crossed.  Ron said he talked to him with his head in his hand as he went to sleep.

Thank you my friends for always being there for us.  Keep us in your in your thoughts today,  Hot Shot Ron and I are going to need some of those Idog vibes today.

RIP Rocky, Little Man, Rock-o, Sweet baby boy all the names we love to call you. We will see you again someday.

• Gold Top Dog

((((Ginger & Ron))))

Run free, Rocky....

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger, my heart breaks for you and Ron.  I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Rocky's physical presence, but he will always remain with you in spirit.  Sending loads of hugs and strong vibes to all of you.  

Rocky, you will be remembered by so many.  Enjoy all the happy moments at the Bridge, with old and new friends to keep you company as you watch over your family.

• Gold Top Dog

Oh Ginger. I'm so sorry.  Rocky had such a wonderful life with you and Ron and Hot Shot.   I loved all the stories of their adventures.  

((((Ginger and Ron)))))

• Gold Top Dog

((((Ginger)))))  I am so sorry for your loss.  Was really pulling for him.  Your send off sounds so sweet.  Run Free Rocky, you were well loved!

• Gold Top Dog

((((Ginger and Ron)))) I am so sorry to read your news. Keeping both of you and Hot Shot in my thoughts and prayers. Rocky, run free, sweet one.

• Gold Top Dog

((((Ginger & Ron)))) It's never easy -- but Rocky skidded to a stop at the bottom of Rainbow Bridge and said "WHOA -- -SHADOW!!!! Man have I got a LOT to tell you!!!!!  WE never met BUT  I've seen pitchurs and Mom & Dad loved you SO much!!   Mom SAID I'd see you first!!"  

at least that's how *I* think it went. ...

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks all, today was difficult thought I was ready for talking about him to my coworkers but "not".   I appreciate all your support.  I have this guilt about expressing my grief at work.   I have a few coworkers that have experienced the loss of fathers and friends this month.  All know how I feel about my boys but I figure I need to do my best to keep my spirits up for them.  

Callie I think that is how it went too by the way.  

You have all gone thru the loss of a dear pet and  we know it is going to happen.   What would be worse than the loss would to not know the love of a pet at all.  

I am so glad that I have my dog friends  

• Gold Top Dog

I picked up Rocky's remains on Friday.  They did such a nice job.  Beautiful box had a brass plate  with his name and birth year.  It made me sad and miss him but it gave me a sense of comfort and I felt so much better this weekend having him home.    I miss my little garden buddy but as we sat on the patio Saturday evening with all the "no seeums" flying around we got a little chuckle about how he used to bite the air trying to catch all the flying bugs.

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger, I'm glad Rocky is back home with you again.  I remember having the same mix of emotions when we got Tonka's remains.  Although they're a sad reminder that he's no longer with us, they're in a beautiful box that our talented woodworking friend made for us, and they have a prominent place in our family room.  It's like he's still hanging out there with us each day, just as he did when he was alive.  I'm sure you'll feel good knowing a part of him is still in the home with you and Ron.  Hugs to you both.